Articles, Chapters, Books
- Davies, A., 2016. Review of Going for Broke: Deficits, Debt, and the Entitlement Crisis. The Independent Review, 20(4): 622-625.
- Davies, A., J.R. Harrigan, and M. Teague, 2015. Equality, liberty, prosperity. Social Philosophy and Policy, 31(2): 180-203.
- Davies, A., 2014. Regulation and Productivity. Mercatus Research.
- Yakovlev, P. and A. Davies, 2014. How does the estate tax affect the number of firms?. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, 3:1
- Davies, A., 2013. Unintended Consequences of Raising the Minimum Wage. Mercatus Research.
- Davies, A. and D. Bowen, 2012. Tax gimmicks. Mercatus Research.
- O’Malley, K., A. Davies, and T.W. Cline, 2010. Do psychological cues alter our discount function? North American Journal of Psychology, 12(3): 469-480.
- de Rugy, V. and A. Davies, 2009. Midnight regulations and the Cinderella effect. Journal of Socioeconomics, 38: 886-890.
- Marlin, M. and A. Davies, 2009. The value of a minor’s lost social security benefits. Journal of Legal Economics, 16(1): 17-28.
- Davies, A., 2009. Human development and the optimal size of government. Journal of Socioeconomics, 38(2): 326-330.
- Davies, A. and G. Quinlivan, 2006. A panel data analysis of the impact of trade on human development. Journal of Socioeconomics, 35(5): 868-876.
- Davies, A., 2006. A framework for decomposing shocks and measuring volatilities derived from multi-dimensional panel data of survey forecasts. International Journal of Forecasting, 22(2): 373-393.
- Davies, A. and T. Cline, 2005. A consumer behavior approach to modeling monopolistic competition. Journal of Economic Psychology, 26(6): 797-826.
- Davies, A., 2005. Review of The Political Economy of the Voluntary Sector. Journal of Markets and Morality, 7(2): 587-589.
- Davies, A., 2005. Building a Holy Economy. World & I, Jan/Feb 2005: 72-77.
- Davies, A., 2004. Computational intermediation and the evolution of computation as a commodity. Applied Economics. 36(11): 1131-1142.
- Davies, A., 2004. The role of religion in the economy. International Journal on World Peace, 21(2): 37-42.
- Davies, A., 2004.The economics and morality of caring for the poor. Religion and Liberty. Sept/Oct, 10-11.
- Davies, A., 2003.Ethical development and the social impact of globalization. International Journal on World Peace. 20(2): 39-66.
- Grewal, R., T. Cline, and A. Davies, 2003. Early-entrant advantage, word-of-mouth communication, brand similarity, and the consumer decision-making process. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13(3): 187-197. Recipient of the Young Contributors Award for Best Paper Published in 2003.
- Reed, E., J.J. Yu, A. Davies, J. Gannon, and S. Armentrout, 2003. Clear cell tumors have higher mRNA levels of ERCC1 and XPB than other histological types of epithelial ovarian cancer. Clinical Cancer Research, 9(November): 5299-5305.
- Davies, A. and K. Lahiri, 1995. A new framework for testing rationality and measuring aggregate shocks using panel data. Journal of Econometrics, 68(1), 205-227.
Books and Chapters
- Davies, A., forthcoming. Where does the government get the money it spends? In The Federal Budget and Government Spending, Greenhaven Publishing.
- Davies, A., 2017. Understanding Statistics. Cato.
- Davies, A., forthcoming. Economics and Society. In Catholic Perspectives on Economics, eds. J. Larrivee and A. Canadas. Rowman and Littlefield.
- Davies, A., 2016. Consumer products and consumer behavior. In Consumer Perception on Product Risks and Benefits, eds. G. Emilien, R. Weitkunat, and F. Leudicke. Springer.
- Davies, A., 2016. Minimum wage: Good intentions and bad results. In The Minimum Wage: A Reference Handbook, ed. O.M. Levin-Waldman. ABC-CLIO, 136-141.
- LeBar, M., A. Davies, and D. Schmidtz (eds.), 2015. Equality and Public Policy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Tosun, M.S., P. Yakovlev, and A. Davies, 2015. Principles of Microeconomics. Cognella.
- Davies, A., 2012. Complementary approaches. In Theory and Practice in the Austrian School, ed. J. Kuznicki. Cato Institute.
- Davies, A., K. Lahiri, and X. Sheng, 2011. Analyzing three-dimensional panel data of forecasts. In Oxford Handbook on Economic Forecasting, eds. M.P. Clements and D.F. Hendry. Oxford University Press, 473-495.
- Davies, A. and K. Lahiri, 1999. Re-examining the rational expectations hypothesis using panel data on multi-period forecasts. In Analysis of Panels and Limited Dependent Variable Models, eds. C. Hsiao, K. Lahiri, L. Lee, and M.H. Pesaran, 226-254. Cambridge University Press.
Policy Briefs, White Papers, and Working Papers